Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

In a nutshell, it kinda stunk.  Andy worked a long day, so it was just a normal Sunday of rushing to get all three of us beautiful and out the door to church on time.  Although I did thoroughly enjoy the sermon while having the pleasure of sitting next to one of my good friends, Amy, Aiden threw a huge screaming tantrum in the sanctuary (thankfully AFTER the service!).  I had to have a random person hold Ashton so I could drag Aiden out to the car, kicking and screaming.  So the boys were finally fed and down for naps at 2, but Ash was up ever 30 mins, screaming because of teething discomfort.  In the meantime, I fixed dinner and cleaned the house until Andy came home from work, exhausted and hungry.  We all ate at different times (just based on hungriness) and I finally went to bed after dishes were cleaned, laundry done and plants covered to avoid frost.  But I DID receive some nice gifts from my boys and had a lovely conversation with my grandma.  If only I could have her energy!  She is amazing!  And hopefully I can have some quiet time today to call my mom.  Hopefully.


Lovely gifts of a new watering can (the old one somehow became a worm farm - guess who's to blame?!), gardening gloves, hose watering attachment, bird feeder and seed, plus a personalized card.

South Paw took the liberty of being frisky while the boys were napping - she grabbed a balloon, ever so gently.
 "Hm?  I wasn't doin' anything!"

Hungry man

My indulgence of the day!
(I enjoyed it while watching HGTV)
A sprig of lilac flowers from my friend Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment