Friday, January 23, 2009

Resolutions

I have been thinking about a new year's resolution for over a month now, but I couldn't nail just one thought down.  Then I began to analyze my ideas and break them down according to motives.  I realized that my only true motive should be to glorify God, and anything else was a selfish endeavor.  But that still did not aid in me coming up with a solid resolution.  Finally on January 22nd, as I was driving down the interstate, engaging cruise control (which Andy JUST taught me how to use on Tuesday!), it hit me!  What was my reason for choosing my speed?  Was it to get to my destination early?  Keep up with the speed of traffic but try and avoid getting a ticket?  Or go the exact speed limit because that is the law and the right thing to do?  I began to realize the answer is none of the above!  My reason for going the speed limit should be to glorify the Lord in all my actions.  God's Word says to obey the laws of the land, therefore by abiding by the law, I am worshipping my heavenly Father.  I also realized that I could just choose to do the right thing and have the same physical outcome of safety and no tickets on my record, but that my heart would remain unchanged.  So in too many words, I have finally figured out my New Year's Resolution: to glorify the Lord in all my actions.  I know I won't be perfect at it, but growing closer in my faith walk with Jesus in 2009 is what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment