Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dinner of Champions

Whew, I am really feeling all the aches, pains, and exhaustion of being in my 3rd trimester today!  It was a typical busy day of hustling to preschool, cleaning house, picking up Aiden & 1 of his classmates, struggling with the boys for almost 2 hours before they finally succumbed to naps in the same room.  Then I spent over an hour preparing for a family dinner/errand outing (including, but not limited to: boys' snacks and drinks in the car & jackets set out), only to find out from Andy on his way home that he was coming home to bed sick.  Now what?  It's raining, I'm exhausted, and staring at the last chicken breast and my marinade box was doing nothing for me.  So I put on my thinking cap, surfed the net, and came up with an amazing dinner, inciting "yays!" from the 2 and 4 year old crowd: homemade pancakes, bacon and mandarin orange smoothies!


Oh yes, it was a rare no-whine dinner!  Then it was off to the bathtub to wash all the syrup off.  I took the liberty of a self/belly shot.  Not the most glamorous I've ever looked, but hey, it is what it is!
And now from the newly-remodeled master bedroom, with South Paw snoring on my lap and my chocolate pudding cup within reach, I bid you good-night, as silence has finally fallen from the cowboy room and my stuffed-animal throwing/poo-poo joking/opening of curtains interference is no longer needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment