Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow Level at a Foot ... So Far

I'm up ... before the boys! My phone buzzed next to my super-firm pillow on the warm, king-size bed. I clumsily held it up to my face to see what the screen said. "Unlisted" glowed my maroon cell. My first thought: "Do I have a Blockbuster dvd overdue??" Second thought: "It's 4:30am at my in-laws." I decided to pick it up, just for good measure, even though I had just gone to bed 5 hours ago. "Aubrey?" a deep male voice reverberated in what sounded like an empty warehouse. I pause, wondering if I was dreaming of being in some Bourne-like movie. I cautiously (and huskily) answered, "yes." And then my brain started to wake up. My neighbor needed me to open the garage door so he could access his snow blower that we store for him. The snow plows plowed our driveways in a good couple of feet. I got excited. It snowed enough to blow! Yay! One of the perks of moving from Out West to Back East are the noticeably different weather seasons. And if it's going to be winter, well then by george, it had better snow! Well, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! And a prayer for all those who have to go out and drive - pretty much anywhere in the country affected by the storms - God speed and safe (maybe even miraculous) travel. We will be holed up in our cozy townhouse as a family, enjoying a 4 day "weekend" with Andy, working on renovating our master bedroom. I'll post pics as soon as we actually decided on furniture, paint and moulding!


Poor Todd spent over an hour just blowing 2 small driveways - all before he left for work. Can you see the stack of "plowage" to his right?


It's a very wet snow, to say the least! I am keeping the heater cranked up, just in case we lose power


1 comment:

  1. Aub,

    I like our snow better -- it stayed up on the Mtns where it belongs. No cell phone ringing at that hour in So. AZ -- LOL! No snow blower needed either -- ha!

    Have fun remodeling.

    ReplyDelete