Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fort Hood


Anyone watching the Fort Hood memorial service? Do any of you care? Well let me tell you, I do. In fact, I am having a hard time holding it together while I watch. I lived at Fort Hood for 5 out of my 18 tender childhood years. It was from there that my dad was sent to combat Saddam Hussein in Iraq during the Persian Gulf War for 7 months: all while my mom had a high-risk pregnancy. My brother was born 2 weeks after his return. My dad is a humble, decorated veteran, whose birthday happens to be tomorrow, Veterans Day. God knew His plans for my father even from the day he was born. Whatever "thing" you are into: may it be going green, climbing the corporate ladder, having a good time, just hanging in there until something good happens - might I remind you that is only possible due to the men and women who have, are, and will valiantly serve our country. Their lives have given you your freedoms. And while you are pondering, may you also think upon Jesus, who was nailed to a cross, completely guilt-free, to take away YOUR sins. Be thankful. Take action. Change your priorities and get them straight. It's not that hard. Be proud to be an American. I praise the Lord that I am a forgiven soul proud to call myself an American. May you be able to say the same. God Bless America.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Aub.
    I pray that our country will continue to worship and glorify God and that He will not be so disappointed in us that He turns His back on us.
    He is and always will be in control.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete