Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bad Day Turned Good


Ever have a bad luck day? Mine was yesterday. It started with the fact that I decided to wear sweatpants out in public (I know, that was probably the trigger for it all!). It was devilishly cold out, but Aiden and I went out to lunch anyways. I decided to take a different and round-about way to our destination just for fun: a cop was on my tail the whole time. And because the backroads are not well marked, I was like a 16 year old, nervous as heck the whole way. We finally make it, no getting pulled over. I chose Subway because they have Cherry Coke: the machine was giving out way too much carbonation and not enough syrup. Yuck. Then we went to the grocery store. We went in a side entrance, which smelled like the worst boys' locker room ever. Our cart even wafted the odor all over the store. I got nauseous. I couldn't locate boxes of matches for anything. Grrr. Prilosec was not on sale. (The only pill I can get Andy to take on a daily basis). At the register, I can't find my debit card. I couldn't believe it. I had to write a check! There are few things in this world I distain more than those who write checks at the grocery store! I made sure everyone around me knew this was not normal for me. We got to the stinky alcove on our way outside, I opened my sunglass case, and found my sunglasses in two pieces. That's it! I'm going home and calling it a day. I wasn't even in the mood for baking, lest an ingredient be left out or a batch of cookies burn. After dealing with a two year old tantrum, I got the boy down for a nap. I glanced out the window to see the mailman heading up the driveway. I flew down the stairs (round belly and all), and caught him before he rang the doorbell (a sure way to wake a drowsy munchkin). He had an enormous box from my mother in law! Selfishly, not waiting for either Aiden or Andy, I tore into it. Not to brag, I won't detail the contents, but let me suffice it to say that they put a smile on my face and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much, Sharon! You are the best! The Lord definitely used your giving heart to turn my day around!
"God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God." ~Matthew 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment